Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Don't Date Married Men. I'm Funny That Way.

I was looking at the dating site I've signed up with - I tend to check in in the evenings, after work, when the kids are in bed. Suddenly, an IM popped up.

I'm not a huge fan of IMing. It seems very intrusive to me. Maybe that's just my inner old fart, who knows. Anyway. Not a fan.

But I'm trying to play this dating game, so I chatted with this guy for a few minutes.

And then he informed me that he was married.

I couldn't have backed out of that faster if I tried. My ex-husband cheated on me, several times, and I have issues (boy, do I have issues) with this.

Who DOES this? Are there a lot of guys who are married that are fucking around? Who are the women who hook up with them? Why do they do it?

I know. Unanswerable questions, but damn. If your wife/husband isn't doing it for you, for whatever reason, and you've tried everything you can to fix it, why do you stay? Is your happiness worth so little that you'd rather be in a miserable marriage but cheat than to be on your own and with someone you can actually BE with?

God, people confuse me.

2 comments:

  1. My ex-husband once whined to me, while dropping off the kids after his weekend, that he had caught his girlfriend, whom he lived with, on Plenty of Fish. Looking for someone else. I muttered something non-committal and restrained myself from pointing out that he was cheating on me with same girlfriend for three months before he walked out on us. He didn't see the irony when it poked him in the eye. That karma, she's a funny one.

    I found your blog through Jessica on Facebook. I liked your other post on online dating too. I tried that once, and other than an amusing blog post, got nothing out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Alison. A friend of mine, after I posted this, emailed me a link to a website that's exclusively for married people who want to hook up on the side. I don't know why I was appalled, but I was. I sat at my computer, mouth agape, shrieking "Really?? REALLY? This is a thing??"

    That Jessica is a good egg.

    ReplyDelete